This is my second (and final) challenge for 2017. I wasn’t going to do two, but I love the categories for this one! I’ve also been able to add some of the children’s classics that have been on my bookshelf waiting for ‘one day’. One day is here!
If you’re interested in joining, the link is here. You have until March 1st to sign up. Join me!
I’ll be reviewing them on my blog and Goodreads as I go.
Here are the twelve categories and my choices:
A 19th century classic– Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll A 20th century classic (up to 1967)– The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald A classic by a woman– Ruth, Elizabeth Gaskell
- A Russian classic – War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
A classic originally published before 1800– Macbeth, Shakespeare
- A romance classic – Pursuasion, Jane Austen
- A gothic or horror classic – The Woman in White, Wilkie Collins
- A classic with a number in the title – Three Men in a Boat, Jerome K Jerome
A classic about an animal or with an animal in the title– The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams
- A classic set in a place you’d like to visit – A Room with a View, E M Forster
- An award winning classic – The Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
A classic in translation– The Death of Ivan Ilych, Leo Tolstoy
Have you read any of these? What did you think?